Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default "I Don't Waaaaaaaaaaant To"

Made wonderful tray "works" for the children. Transferring bells from bowl to bowl using a spoon, using tweezers to transfer pom poms onto printed photos of presents, Rudolph, Santa, etc, and made pattern strips of Christmas foam stickers for the children to match and pattern with.

Just to have the 4 year old cry "I don't waaaaaaaaaant to. I caaaaaaaaaan't. I'm tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired."

After a 2 hour nap.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Sorry. That was a lot of effort on your part.

It is happening here, too. The kids just don't want to preschool right now. I am bribing them to do their Christmas projects for their parents as it is. They want to snuggle with soft toys, play solitary manipulatives and lay about.

The parents are stressed, the kids feel it. Everyone is off schedule from weekend outings with extended family so parents can shop and wrap. Most have sniffles, chapped lips/cheeks and irritated red/bleeding cuticles. All have bad dry skin that itches.

It was a colloidal oatmeal bath, gold bond ultimate, strawberry chap stick and pajama kind of day, here.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

LOL they are already ready for Christmas break! I will also add Mondays are tough with my crowd. I do not try to do anything special or push their limits on Mondays.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Sorry. That was a lot of effort on your part.

It is happening here, too. The kids just don't want to preschool right now. I am bribing them to do their Christmas projects for their parents as it is. They want to snuggle with soft toys, play solitary manipulatives and lay about.

The parents are stressed, the kids feel it. Everyone is off schedule from weekend outings with extended family so parents can shop and wrap. Most have sniffles, chapped lips/cheeks and irritated red/bleeding cuticles. All have bad dry skin that itches.

It was a colloidal oatmeal bath, gold bond ultimate, strawberry chap stick and pajama kind of day, here.
Can I come live with you?
Old 12-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga View Post
Made wonderful tray "works" for the children. Transferring bells from bowl to bowl using a spoon, using tweezers to transfer pom poms onto printed photos of presents, Rudolph, Santa, etc, and made pattern strips of Christmas foam stickers for the children to match and pattern with.

Just to have the 4 year old cry "I don't waaaaaaaaaant to. I caaaaaaaaaan't. I'm tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired."

After a 2 hour nap.

"I CAN'T LIKEEEEE TOOOOOOO" is the new I don't want to from my 4 year old.