Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Pack n Plays

Does anyone know if Pack n Plays have to stay up all day? Currently, I only put them up at nap time bc the 18 month olds tip them over and try to jump on them. I also need more space.
In March I will have 9 babies under 2 yrs old (one will be my new nephew who will stay in a crib).

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2018, 12:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

I donít see why they would have to as I have seen many providers post that they take them down after naps. Check with licensing in your state to be sure. Also check and see if 9 under two is allowable.. that would require 3 staff at all times in my state.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core12 View Post
Does anyone know if Pack n Plays have to stay up all day? Currently, I only put them up at nap time bc the 18 month olds tip them over and try to jump on them. I also need more space.
In March I will have 9 babies under 2 yrs old (one will be my new nephew who will stay in a crib).

Thanks!
9 babes under 2yrs isn't allowed in MO even if you have a helper... I use to live & do daycare there; you might want to check licensing rules before you take on the ages you have
Old 01-21-2018, 04:41 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

Thanks!
My mistake on earlier posting; I forgot infants in MO are only to 12 month unlike many other states... that said yes, the PnPs need to be closed down if they are set up in part of the space that counts for play. As for the crib... is it being set up in part of the area they counted for play? you already have been written up for 2 violations, so when they come back will you get a 3rd?
Old 01-22-2018, 04:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Thanks Everyone so much!

The 9th baby is my nephew and Missouri doesnít count that in the ratios.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Crib

The crib is going to stay up in the master bedroom. I donít believe the master bedroom was ever calculated as part of any play area, however I do believe we technically have more than enough play area space.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:28 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
The crib is going to stay up in the master bedroom. I donít believe the master bedroom was ever calculated as part of any play area, however I do believe we technically have more than enough play area space.

Thanks for your help.
If the crib is in your master bedroom, it will have to pass inspection, too. It will also be open to unannounced inspections. That can get really invasive, you may want to rethink.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
If the crib is in your master bedroom, it will have to pass inspection, too. It will also be open to unannounced inspections. That can get really invasive, you may want to rethink.
Totally agree... just because # 9 child doesn't count in ratio, wherever they sleep will be part of inspection; as I said before - you have 2 write ups already for things you didn't think mattered; plan on the bedroom to be inspected
Old 01-23-2018, 10:28 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Thanks everyone

During my original inspection, the inspector said the crib wouldnít pass the inspection but it was fine to use for our nephew.
I will follow up though since I have already been told the incorrect information on the ratios.

Tags
pack n play