Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Default 9 Month Old Rocker

Hi! So I have a 9 month old DCG who has not been a good napper. Usually she only sleeps 20-30 minutes at a time. My other kids sleep 2+ hours and are all over a year old. Lately its even worse and shes not sleeping at all because shes working on crawling..and getting really close. When placed in PnP for nap time, she immediately flips over into a crawling position and rocks and rocks and rocks. Shes quite noisy and disturbing to the other kids while this is going on. I flip her back over, tell her its nap time, she literally laughs as if its fun, and flips over again. Rinse and repeat! How can I get her to understand that this isnt the time to be practicing for the Olympics! Shes driving me nuts. UGH!
Old 02-06-2018, 03:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

I will be watching this topic. I have an 8 mo who no longer sleeps. At all. Plus he is now pulling himself into a standing position in his crib. The parents plan is to start sleep training over dcms next 3 day weekend which is coming right up. I remember when I was a young parent and just couldn't do that so I have lots of sympathy for what they're going to attempt, if they go through with it. If they don't, then I will do it here because it's only getting worse.
Good luck and hope you can sleep train your dcbaby. If I were you, I wouldn't keep going in to lay the baby down because she is definitely playing a game and getting attention.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I will be watching this topic. I have an 8 mo who no longer sleeps. At all. Plus he is now pulling himself into a standing position in his crib. The parents plan is to start sleep training over dcms next 3 day weekend which is coming right up. I remember when I was a young parent and just couldn't do that so I have lots of sympathy for what they're going to attempt, if they go through with it. If they don't, then I will do it here because it's only getting worse.
Good luck and hope you can sleep train your dcbaby. If I were you, I wouldn't keep going in to lay the baby down because she is definitely playing a game and getting attention.
I have a 9 month old that doesnt sleep much as well. I have been having to send her home early. She screams the entire nap time and wont even play with toys.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Do you have anywhere you could move the baby away from the other kids?
I would lay the baby down, say goodnight and leave. Then come back at the end of nap time and get the baby up.

Baby sleeps or baby doesn't sleep. You still get a break and there is no stress. After this leap, I'm sure baby well go back to napping.