Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Cookies Anyone?

Am I the only one who occasionally sneaks a cookie during daycare hours & prays none of the dcks notice?

What is your snack/vice that gets you through the rough days? I'm a total Oreo girl. (I do eat a healthy balanced diet most of the time.)
Old 02-06-2018, 12:51 PM
Daycare.com Member

I'm a snackaholic. I don't ever seem to sit down and EAT. I do drink tea like I breathe air. Mostly decaf or herbal, to stave off the inevitable caffeine addiction, but one cup of black tea a day. I took it up back when I worked a job with crazy deadlines and a boss who swore like a sailor and whose desk abutted mine. It was the only thing that kept me sane.

I sneak dates, cookies, malted milk, and candy. I've got a little KGB agent who peeks around the curtain and says, "What dat? Me! Me!"
Old 02-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Daycare.com Member

Twix....and if I'm caught I tell them it's only for grown-ups.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Family Childcare Home

Everyday especially now. My 13yo DD is a Girl Scout and she's selling cookies and there's no way that for $5 a box I'm sharing those with the DCK's
Old 02-06-2018, 02:21 PM
Daycare.com Member

I don't sneak anything. I eat it in front of the kids *shrugs*
Old 02-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Every afternoon. Coffee and a sweet before they get up from nap. I look forward to it all day. Today was a cream horn and foglifter (millstone).
Old 02-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga View Post
This Is me. And when they ask what I am eating I tell them my snack. Which is true, it just isn't healthy like theirs.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga View Post
Me too lol. They have to learn eventually that they cant have everything someone else has.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:51 PM

Sometimes a rootbeer or a pepsi and sometimes a coffee and a treat of some sort. I love the days when I can make myself a plate of nachos and I binge watch New Girl on my ipad during nap
Old 02-06-2018, 05:37 PM
Daycare.com Member

Mini Reeseís peanut butter cups.. when I go upstairs to ďcheck somethingĒ you better believe Iím popping one of those in my mouth. Used to be when I was checking on the baby but we donít have any babies here anymore hahah
Old 02-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

I never eat in front of the kids. Theyre like tiny vultures and it doesnít matter if itís broccoli, if they see me eat it they HAVE to have a bite. Once a dck smelled a freaking cough drop on my breath and had a mini meltdown because I wouldnít share with her. So I hide in the pantry and scarf down whatever I can quickly before I have to come out. Usually itís nothing exciting, maybe fruit snacks, but I love when I have homemade cookies on hand to eat!
Old 02-06-2018, 06:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

soda! twix, doughnuts. Thank god our classroom has a floor to ceiling teacher cupboard where I can hide inside the door!
Old 02-06-2018, 10:38 PM
Daycare.com Member

If I have a really busy weekend and Monday is tough.... I will have Coke in my tea cup.... the kids are used to me drinking tea so don't seem to notice when it's different.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGarden View Post
If I have a really busy weekend and Monday is tough.... I will have Coke in my tea cup.... the kids are used to me drinking tea so don't seem to notice when it's different.
This reminded me of one time(many many years ago) when I would pop open a can of Diet Coke several times a day. Mindlessly I grabbed another out of the fridge, cracked it open and took a big gulp. It was beer. I detest beer.

When I need a pick me up and want to sneak something, it's usually during nap time anyways and depends on what I've managed to not eat already. I'll grab graham crackers or a pb&j.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:11 AM
LostMyMarbles

Cooke zero in my yeti cup about once a week.
Werthers originals while I am washing dishes.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Only time I eat sweets is when we have a celebration (King Cake waiting for me next Tuesday), or after kids leave; I have enough issues trying to lose weight lol
Old 02-07-2018, 05:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

I wait until nap if I need to have a treat. I found frequent snacking to be a downside of WAH, so I try to eat healthy with the kids to avoid it. I like fitting into my jeans.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

Currently I have to battle my 16 month old DS for my morning coffee. If he hears the coffee brewing, he will stand by the counter until it is finished and he will follow me around screaming and crying for a taste of the coffee. The kid loves coffee.

During daycare? If it is a particularly rough day, I will reward myself with a can of Mt Dew during nap. It used to be daily, but I am cutting pop out, and I haven't had one in over a week. Now if only I had as much restraint when it comes to quick snacks during nap.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:37 AM

I have the opposite issue... seeing and/or watching these kiddos eat causes me to lose my appetite.

But if I did want a snack or a drink, Im with Baby Beluga and would have what I want when I want and I wouldn't give the DCK's a second thought.

I'm the adult....and part of my philosophy on child rearing is that life is not fair and I will never teach a child that it is.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:53 AM
LostMyMarbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I have the opposite issue... seeing and/or watching these kiddos eat causes me to lose my appetite.

But if I did want a snack or a drink, Im with Baby Beluga and would have what I want when I want and I wouldn't give the DCK's a second thought.

I'm the adult....and part of my philosophy on child rearing is that life is not fair and I will never teach a child that it is.
What? You mean everybody is not going to get a trophy?
Old 02-07-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles View Post
What? You mean everybody is not going to get a trophy?

"...and I'd like to thank LostMyMarbles for acknowledging reality as we'd like it to be verses as is...."
Old 02-07-2018, 09:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Care View Post
I wait until nap if I need to have a treat. I found frequent snacking to be a downside of WAH, so I try to eat healthy with the kids to avoid it. I like fitting into my jeans.
HAHA! SAME!

I finish off the kids veggies, daily. I really like them, and it helps the kids eat them more when they see them eaten and enjoyed. I make a big production if they 'eat all the veggies so I can't have any...'

nap time? Diet pepsi, everyday. Don't care.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I finish off the kids veggies, daily. I really like them, and it helps the kids eat them more when they see them eaten and enjoyed. I make a big production if they 'eat all the veggies so I can't have any...'
Reverse psychology! I like it! I have actually tried this with my own two kids though, and they usually say "go ahead eat them"...lol. I think it may work better with the toddler age group.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm reading this thread as I'm grabbing a Little Debbie brownie for a sugar rush.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
HAHA! SAME!

nap time? Diet pepsi, everyday. Don't care.
Me too! We had broccoli today which my kids LOVE. I was annoyed they actually ate most of it and I hardly got any
But then I just had a Cadbury cream egg during nap time
But yeah, I even plan my lunches because I found myself grabbing junk after I would get the kids down. A treat now and again, sure. But I was getting into bad habit territory
Old 02-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Care View Post
Me too! We had broccoli today which my kids LOVE. I was annoyed they actually ate most of it and I hardly got any
But then I just had a Cadbury cream egg during nap time
But yeah, I even plan my lunches because I found myself grabbing junk after I would get the kids down. A treat now and again, sure. But I was getting into bad habit territory
This sounds like me. I eat plenty of veggies & healthy food, especially with the dcks. I actually LOVE veggies. But when I'm stressed I just need an Oreo. Not everyday. But if I want one it's rarely ever during nap time. Lol its typically a result of many little ones crying, fighting over toys, etc. I feel like if I can pop one in my mouth undetected by a room full of 2 year olds I can probably conquer the world. it's empowering.

Tags
cookies, cookies for snack