Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Forms - Uploads

Forms - Uploads Sample forms that members upload so that others can use. Note: Please do not upload copyrighted material. Original Content only.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:22 PM
BeReAlOrGoAwAy

Unhappy Parent Not Giving Required Notice

Ok does anyone have a form or letter to send/give to parents who continuously do not show up at scheduled times and do not give the required 2 hour notification per signed contract. I have 1 mom who in the last week has done this 3 times to me. I have had to contact her to find out if she was bringing the child or not.
We have a signed contract along with a handbook and yet she does this week after week. Thinking of terminating care as this is becoming a regular habit. I just want all proper documentation first. Anyone have suggestions........ I'm beyond fed up. She even tries to tell me that I have to watch her son when it is not a scheduled day or time. I bring up our signed contract and that I am under no obligation on my "days off" yet every other week she tries to pull it all again. HELP
Old 02-12-2018, 06:33 AM

I'd term now for failure to follow agreed upon policies and be done. She sounds like a headache to deal with.

Id go with something like:

Dear Daycare Parent

This is notice of cancellation of our child care services agreement. As of February 12, 2018 child care services will no longer be available due to parent not following contract policies. Please call or e-mail to make arrangements to pick up Johnny's belongings before the end of the week.

Sincerely,

NOT your provider anymore
Old 02-12-2018, 10:17 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would give her a written warning similar to the note above but stating IF it happens again it would be grounds for immediate termination.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:21 PM
BeReAlOrGoAwAy

Cool

Girls thank you so much. This has been 1 big headache since day 1 and I have had him for 3 months now. She had 3 infarctions in 1 week. You'd think she would have a little more respect than that, but I guess some people just don't care about others.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ohioemt View Post
Girls thank you so much. This has been 1 big headache since day 1 and I have had him for 3 months now. She had 3 infarctions in 1 week. You'd think she would have a little more respect than that, but I guess some people just don't care about others.
Sadly, you will find that is a common thing in this line of work.

It's heartbreaking sometimes but once you get passed that, it all becomes much easier and parents are easier to deal with.

Sorry you had a bad parent...hopefully, you are able to replace with one that respects and values what you offer.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

I’m so sorry, she really sounds like a pain. Always seems like there has to be at least one. I have written into my contract that I will terminate care in cases like this. I have been running a home daycare since 1995 and my contract and handbook keeps growing over time.

I assume that this situation with her will not get better and in fact I bet she pushes the contract in other ways. I would terminate care. Hopefully after she has care terminated at a couple/few places she might learn from it. I have also found that other daycare parents usually are annoyed at these types. It would be a relief to you and them. I feel sorry for her child(ren).

Tags
attendance, no notice, no show fee, no shows