Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Catalina's Avatar
Catalina Catalina is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 14
Default Super Powers

I can tell which of my kids has pooped based solely on the odor, and it grosses me out that I can!! Anyone else? Lol

Do you have any super powers?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-02-2018, 03:20 PM
mamamanda's Avatar
mamamanda mamamanda is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,130
Default

Hahaha yes!! My sis-in-law always laughs at me b/c I know who it is by smell. Breastfed infants have a certain smell, it changes slightly when they start solids, & formula fed babies have a different smell all together!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Miss A's Avatar
Miss A Miss A is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,006
Default

Ugh, yes! My soy formula DC Baby smells like dog poop, and one DCB has the most sour smelling BM, it is awful.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,985
Default

It's a VERY common side effect for providers.

Same with who's crying.

I can hear a cry across Walmart and recognize if it's one of my DCK's or not.

I can also interpret toddler-speak within a 98% accuracy rate. It's almost the same as drunk speak but unfortunately toddlers are more like Energizer bunnies and just keep going and going and going and going and rarely pass out.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Catalina's Avatar
Catalina Catalina is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I can also interpret toddler-speak within a 98% accuracy rate. It's almost the same as drunk speak but unfortunately toddlers are more like Energizer bunnies and just keep going and going and going and going and rarely pass out.
YES! They are just like tiny drunk people! Stumbling around, speaking jibberish, laughing at everything, and crying about nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-02-2018, 05:25 PM
mamamanda's Avatar
mamamanda mamamanda is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
YES! They are just like tiny drunk people! Stumbling around, speaking jibberish, laughing at everything, and crying about nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-02-2018, 07:46 PM
Baby Beluga's Avatar
Baby Beluga Baby Beluga is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 3,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
It's a VERY common side effect for providers.

Same with who's crying.

I can hear a cry across Walmart and recognize if it's one of my DCK's or not.

I can also interpret toddler-speak within a 98% accuracy rate. It's almost the same as drunk speak but unfortunately toddlers are more like Energizer bunnies and just keep going and going and going and going and rarely pass out.
This is so true. Can't count how many times I have been an aisle or two over, heard the cry and ran the other way to run into that exact family elsewhere in the store.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
poop

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super Sweet EntropyControlSpecialist Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 02-15-2013 01:10 PM
Are You Super Upfront With Denying A Family? E Daycare Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 10-04-2012 08:14 PM
Being Super Upfront At Interview But Not Coming Off As A Super B E Daycare Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 17 10-04-2012 12:11 PM
Super Nosy Won't Leave Daycare Mom bork276 Daycare Insurance 22 07-10-2012 06:46 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming