Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Help with Enrolling!

Wondering what some of y'all did to help get more clients in the door/enroll more children. I am in Tennessee. I am not required to be licensed if I have fewer than 5 unrelated kids. I would like to become licensed, though.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Here are more threads on marketing your daycare: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...arketing+ideas
Old 06-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

All of my clients/tours (except one old co-worker's kiddo) have come through facebook groups (swap groups, day care locator group) or via the next door app. I keep a fairly small group (4-5 part-time kids most of the year), but am licensed because I can have those couple extra kiddos if it suits me, and it gives some parents more peace of mind.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:48 PM

I tell all my current families that they'd better start referring or I'm retiring . Just kidding, but word-of-mouth and referrals have kept me full for a long time.

I do see a lot of providers here marketing on Facebook, so there must be something to that.

There are a couple of large employers here who have their own internal referral system, so you could call any large companies in your area to see if they have something like that and if you can place your name with them.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

Ditto on the FB groups - I'm in sell groups and moms groups. And the ones I'm not one my daughter (a brand new Mom) or my other families are on and they refer me when they know I have an opening. I've done Craigslist too but the creepy people seem to be multiplying rapidly there - it used to be a great resource but not at the last few years.

Most of my openings are now filled by referrals, but I think I was in denial that one child was leaving (her mom is one of my best friends and they're moving to Michigan ) and am just now working to fill her spot.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossoms View Post
Wondering what some of y'all did to help get more clients in the door/enroll more children. I am in Tennessee. I am not required to be licensed if I have fewer than 5 unrelated kids. I would like to become licensed, though.
What part of TN are you from?
Old 06-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
I was wondering the same lol... Blossoms needs to read thru the new regulations to make sure she wants to go the licensed route.

Also, in some counties in TN you have to get permission & have business license to run a home business (including licensed childcare); My county happens to be one of those - Blount could care less that I stayed licensed exempt, but if I go licensed I jump more hoops
Old 06-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
Annalee, You know, I still run like I am licensed due to taking Fosters (including background ect), I just don't have to deal with QRIS stuff lol. I jumped all the extra hoops I need to & going licensed wouldn't allow me more than 4 anyway due to ages I take
Old 06-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Preschool Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysesKids View Post
Annalee, You know, I still run like I am licensed due to taking Fosters (including background ect), I just don't have to deal with QRIS stuff lol. I jumped all the extra hoops I need to & going licensed wouldn't allow me more than 4 anyway due to ages I take
Im sorry but it bugs me when people say they run just like they are licensed. Do you REALLY? You follow all your states rules and regs? I know if I were unlicensed Id stop following a few.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am in Sumner County. I am in the process of becoming an LLC. I have read through licensing regulations and requirements
Old 06-11-2018, 11:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossoms View Post
I am in Sumner County. I am in the process of becoming an LLC. I have read through licensing regulations and requirements
New regs just came out, just got them thru email Thursday last week.....go into effect July 30.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:20 PM
Daycare.com Member

I got my first two families from posting to local treasure exchange site on FB that linked to a little website i made and a FB page i made for my daycare.
from their it was all word of mouth.
that being said i tried care.com, walking door to door with business cards, a car magnet, some other childcare website like care.com i forget what it was called. none of those worked for me.

Tags
advertising ideas, clientel, marketing ideas