Licensing Standards for DayCare Centers
Applicability of Rules
(1) OAR 414-300-0000 through 414-300-0410 set forth the Child Care Division's requirements for inspecting and certifying those child care facilities subject to Oregon laws governing child care facilities, ORS 657A.030, 657A.250 through 657A.310, ORS 657A.350 through 657A.460 and 657A.990, that:
(a) Serve thirteen or more children; or
(b) Serve twelve or fewer children and are located in a building constructed as other than a single-family dwelling.
(2) These rules do not apply to child care facilities specifically excluded by law. Excluded facilities are those which:
(a) Are primarily educational and provide care to children 36 months old or older but not yet attending kindergarten for less than four hours a day;
(b) Are primarily supervised, child-focused training in a specific subject, including, but not limited to, dancing, drama, music, or religion. This exclusion applies only to the time children are involved in training;
(c) Are primarily an incident of group athletic or social activities sponsored by or under the supervision of an organized club or hobby group. This exclusion applies only to the time engaged in the group athletic or social activities and if the children can come and go as they please.
(d) Are operated by a school district, political subdivision of this state, or a government agency; or
(e) Are operated on an occasional basis by a person, sponsor, or organization not ordinarily engaged in providing child care.
(3) If any court of law finds that any clause, phrase, or provision of these rules is unconstitutional or invalid for any reason whatsoever, this finding shall not affect the validity of the remaining portion of these rules.
(4) For purposes of these rules, the determination of compliance or noncompliance shall be made by CCD.
(5) Providers have a right to review any action or decision affecting them. The CCD grievance procedures are available upon request to all applicants for child care certification or operators of centers
© 1999 Daycare.com