for DayCare Centers
Director-Qualifications and Duties
(1) The director shall:
(2) The director of the center shall be accountable for:
- (a) Be at least 21 years of age; and
- (b) Have at least one year of training and/or experience in management
(3) If head teacher qualifications (OAR 414-300-090) are met by the director,
that person may serve as head teacher for the age range of children for which
she/he is qualified if she/he works full-time in the center:
- (a) Administrative functions including, but not limited to, financial management,
maintaining records, budgeting, policy development, staff orientation and
training, maintenance of buildings and grounds, meal planning and preparation,
and transportation, if provided; and
- (b) Operating the center in compliance with certification requirements
(OAR 414-300-000 through 414-300-440).
(4) The director shall be in the center at least one-third of the hours, calculated
on a weekly basis, that the center is in operation.
- (a) If the center is certified for less than 40 children, the director
may serve as head teacher and have regular teaching duties, if qualified;
- (b) If the center is certified for 40 or more children, the director may
serve as head teacher, but shall have no regular teaching duties.
(5) The director, or a substitute delegated by the director or operator, shall
be on the premises during all hours of operation. The substitute director shall:
- (a) Meet at least the qualifications of a teacher;
- (b) Be familiar with the certification requirements; and
- (c) Be authorized to correct a deficiency that might be an immediate threat
to children's health or safety.