Licensing Standards for DayCare Centers
(1) Furniture shall:
(a) Be durable;(b) Have cleanable or non-absorbent surfaces;(c) Be safely constructed, with no sharp, rough, loose, or pointed edges; and(d) Be in good repair.
(2) Tables and seating shall be scaled to the height and size of a child.
(3) There shall be a safe, washable cot or rest mat for each toddler and preschool age child in the center at nap time and for each school-age child who wants to rest.
(4) Each mat used for napping shall be:
(a) Covered with a waterproof cover; and(b) At least one inch thick.
(5) Mats or cots shall be placed at least two feet apart if children are placed head to toe; or three feet apart otherwise. They shall be arranged in a manner that allows for a direct, unobstructed passage to each child.
(6) Each child who is resting shall have individual bedding consisting of at least a sheet or blanket.
(7) Mats, cots and bed linen shall be properly stored, as recommended by the sanitarian
© 1999 Daycare.com