for DayCare Centers
(1) No prescription medication or non-prescription medication including, but
not limited to aspirin, cough syrup, or nose drops, may be given to a child
except under the following conditions:
(2) All medications shall be:
- (a) A signed, dated, written authorization by the parent(s) is on file;
- (b) Prescription medication is in the original container and labeled with
the child's name, name of the drug, dosage, directions for administering,
date, and physician's name;
- (c) Non-prescription medication is labeled with the child's name, dosage,
and directions for administering; and
- (d) A written record of all medications administered listing, as a minimum,
the name of the child, type of medication, the signature of the person administering
the medication, date, time, and dosage given, shall be kept.
(3) Medications requiring refrigeration shall be kept in the refrigerator in a
separate covered container clearly marked "medication".
- (a) Secured in a storage area with a child-proof lock or latch; and
- (b) Stored in an area not used by children.
(4) Parent(s) shall be informed daily of medication administered to their