Licensing Standards for DayCare Centers
Animals in the Center
(1) Any animals and animal areas shall be maintained in a healthy, sanitary condition, safe to the animal and children.
(2) Animals allowed in the center for more than one day at a time shall be limited to cats, dogs, fish, guinea pigs, gerbils, and hamsters.
(3) Parent(s) shall be notified in advance if any animal, other than those listed in section (2) of this rule, will be on the premises.
(4) Any animal on the premises shall have been vaccinated according to a licensed veterinarian's recommendations.
(5) Any animals other than cats and dogs shall be properly caged and maintained in a safe, healthy, sanitary manner.
(6) All animals shall be kept out of rooms used for storage of food, and food-related equipment and supplies, or for food preparation.
(7) No uncaged animal shall be allowed in any room used by infants or toddlers.
(8) Litter boxes shall not be placed in the child care area.
© 1999 Daycare.com