for DayCare Centers
Exceptions to Rules
(1) CCD may grant an exception to an individual rule (OAR 414-300-000 through
(2) The operator shall request an exception to a rule on a form provided by CCD.
The request shall include:
- (a) A requirement does not apply to the facility; or
- (b) The intent of the requirement can be met by a method not specified
in the applicable rule.
(3) No exception to a rule shall be granted:
- (a) A justification for the requested exception; and
- (b) An explanation of how the center will meet the intent of the rule.
(4) The granting of an exception to a rule shall not set a precedent, and each
request shall be evaluated on its own merits.
- (a) If the requirement is established by statute; or
- (b) Unless the health, safety, and well-being of the children are ensured.