Licensing Standards for DayCare Centers
(1) The licensee shall maintain the following water safety precautions when
the child uses an on-premises swimming Pool, wading pool, or natural body of
water, or enters the water on a field trip by ensuring:
(2) The licensee shall daily empty and clean portable wading pools when in use.
- (a) The on-premises pool or natural body of water is inaccessible to the
child when not in use;
- (b) During the child's use of a wading pool, an adult with current CPR
training supervises the child at all times; and
- (c) During the child's use of a swimming pool or open body of water, a
certified lifeguard is present at all times, in addition to required staff.
(3) The licensee shall not permit the child to use or access a hot tub, spa,
whirlpool, tank, or similar equipment.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030. 90-23-078 (Order 3103), § 388-150-290,
filed 11/20/90, effective 12/21/90.]