(1) The licensee shall provide a clean, separate, firm mat, cot, bed, mattress, play pen, or crib for each child five years of age and under remaining in care for six or more hours and for another child requiring a nap or rest period.
(2) The licensee shall ensure the child's mat is of sufficient length, width, and thickness to provide adequate comfort for the child to nap. The licensee may use a washable sleeping bag meeting the mat requirements for the toilet-trained child.
(3) The licensee shall ensure the child's cot is of sufficient length and width and constructed to provide adequate comfort for the child to nap. The licensee shall ensure the cot surface is of a material which can be cleaned with a detergent solution, disinfected, and allowed to air dry.
(4) The licensee shall clean the child's nap equipment as needed and between use by another child.
(5) The licensee shall separate the child's nap equipment when in use to facilitate sanitation, child comfort, and staff access.
(6) The licensee shall ensure the child's bedding:
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030. 90-23-078 (Order 3103), § 388-150-360, filed 11/20/90, effective 12/21/90.]
© 1999 Daycare.com