Licensing Standards for DayCare Centers
Personnel Policies and Records
(1) Each employee and volunteer having unsupervised or regular access to the
child in care shall complete and submit to the licensee or director by the date
(2) Each employee serving as a director, program supervisor, or lead child care
staff person shall complete and submit to the licensee or director by the date
of hire a Washington state training and registry system (STARS) profile form.
The licensee shall submit this form to the Washington state training and registry
system within seven calendar days of the employee's first day of employment, to
permit the department to track the employee's compliance with training
- (a) An application for employment on a department-prescribed form, or its
- (b) A criminal history and background inquiry form.
- (i) The licensee shall submit this form to the department for the employee
and volunteer, within seven calendar days of the employee's first day
of employment, permitting a criminal and background history check.
- (ii) The department shall discuss the inquiry information with the
licensee or director, when applicable.
(3) The licensee employing five or more persons shall have written personnel
policies describing staff benefits, if-any, duties, and qualifications.
(4) The licensee shall maintain a personnel record keeping system, having
on file, on the premises, for the licensee, staff person, and volunteer:
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030. 98-24-052, § 388-150-470, filed 11/25/98,
effective 12/26/98. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.020 and 74.15.030. 93-18-001
(Order 3623), § 388-150-470, filed 8/18/93, effective 9/18/93. Statutory
Authority: RCW 74.15.030. 90-23-078 (Order 3103), § 388-150-470, filed 11/20/90,
- (a) An employment application, including work and education history;
- (b) Documentation of criminal history and background inquiry form submission;
- (c) A record of tuberculin skin test results, x-ray, or an exemption to
the skin test or x-ray;
- (d) Documentation of HIV/AIDS education and training;
- (e) A record of participation in staff development training;
- (f) Documentation of orientation program completion;
- (g) Documentation of a valid food handler permit, when applicable;
- (h) Documentation of current first aid and CPR training, when applicable;
- (i) Documentation of basic and annual training required under WAC 388-150-180
(2)(i) or (7)(b) and 388-150-200(7), when applicable.