Licensing Standards for DayCare Centers
Application and Reapplication for Licensing -Investigation
(1) The person or organization applying for a license or re-licensure under
this chapter and responsible for operating the center shall comply with application
procedures the department prescribes and submit to the department:
(2) In addition to the required application materials specified under subsection
(1) of this section, the applicant for initial licensure shall submit to the department:
- (a) A completed department-supplied application for child care agency form,
including required attachments, ninety or more days before the:
- (i) Expiration of a current license;
- (ii) Opening date of a new center;
- (iii) Relocation of a center;
- (iv) Change of the licensee; or
- (v) Change of license category.
- (b) A completed criminal history and background inquiry form for each staff
person or volunteer having unsupervised or regular access to the child in
- (c) The licensing fee.
(3) The applicant for a license under this chapter shall be twenty-one years of
age or older.
- (a) An employment and education resume of the person responsible for the
active management of the center and the program supervisor;
- (b) Diploma or education transcript copies of the program supervisor; and
- (c) Three professional references each for the licensee, director, and
(4) The applicant, licensee, and director shall attend department provided
(5) The department may, at any time, require additional information from the
applicant, licensee, staff person, volunteer, member of their households, and
other person having access to the child in care as the department deems necessary,
including, but not limited to:
(6) The department may perform investigations of the applicant, licensee, staff
person, volunteer, member of their households, and other person having access
to the child in care as the department deems necessary, including accessing criminal
histories and law enforcement files.
- (a) Sexual deviancy evaluations;
- (b) Substance and alcohol abuse evaluations;
- (c) Psychiatric evaluations;
- (d) Psychological evaluations; and
- (e) Medical evaluations.
(7) The applicant shall conform to rules and regulations approved or adopted
[Statutory Authority: ROW 74.15.020 and 74.15.030. 93-18-001 (Order 3623), §
388150-070, filed 8/18/93, effective 9/18/93. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030.
90-23-078 (Order 3103), § 388-150-070, filed 11/20/90, effective 12/21/90.]
- (a) Department of health, promoting the health of the child in care, contained
in this chapter; and
- (b) State fire marshal's office, establishing standards for fire prevention
and protection of life and property from fire, under chapter 212-12 WAC, "fire
marshal standards." (8) The department shall not issue a license to the
applicant until the department of health and the state fire marshal's office
have certified or inspected and approved the center.