Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Parents and Guardians Forum

Parents and Guardians Forum Parents and Guardians should post and answer questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Bleach Around Children

My 2 year old son attends a daycare in Lilburn, GA. Until today, I have been fairly pleased with the facility and he seems to love it. When I went to pick him up this evening, I noticed that there were several bleach marks on the back of his navy blue pants. As annoyed as I am about the pants, I am very upset that he was exposed to bleach.

Isn't there something in daycare standards or guidelines that states that chemicals should not be used around the children? In my opinion, all cleaning should be done when the children are out of the classroom as not to expose them to harmful chemicals. I am just glad that it was only his pants that were ruined and that he didn't ingest any. He sticks his hands in his mouth all of the time and could have very easily gotten very sick if he had done so after touching the bleached area. I pointed the marks on his pants to the evening teacher, who's name I do not know, and she stated that she had not noticed the marks and had no idea when it had been done.

Could someone tell me who the proper channel would be to notify? Other than bringing it up to the daycare director, I do not know what else to do. Beside, I do not think that it would do any good to report it to the director. I would appreciate any help that anyone could provide me with.

Tags
2008, allergies, ammonium, asthma, bacteria, bleach, chlorine, clean, disinfectants, germs, iodine, sanitizer, solution