Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-06-2019, 07:59 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Default Does Care Charge a Fee?

I've never used Care.com before. Do they charge a fee to place an ad?

For those of you that use it- what do you put in your ad?
Old 05-06-2019, 08:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

I believe they do charge a fee - they give "discounts" if you purchase in bulk. For me it ends up being around $100 a year. I will say I have not gotten any good leads from it. No one reads

ETA: I have photos of my space, a few activities and meals as well as info about me and my program.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

im my own brand I label polos shirts and Ts I wear them when I go on errands on Saturday and Sundays with hubby he wears his too , I get them done a local t shop close to home, im a big supporter of local business , I also got a magnate car sign I put on my care when we go out I get asked for cards or flyers which I always have in the glove compartment that's how I have kept my slots full.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:19 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

You can do a free account. That is all I have right now. I get about 3 notifications per month of people looking for care near me. You message the parent directly as if you are applying for the job and 1 out of 3 respond back. Mostly tourists. Mostly weekends and nights. Mostly at local resorts. If I did not enjoy taking other peoples kids to pet horses at the resort, I would not apply. My kids are too old, now.

My bet is in a more populated area it works a little differently.

I do pay for the background check each year, though. I doubt anyone will respond without it.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:32 AM

Also, lesson learned.

If you accept jobs at resorts and you arrive at a room where there appear to be no kids, just leave. The awkwardness will not improve with any amount of discussion.

I find it helpful to include the word "married" within the first two sentences of my ad these days.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:25 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Also, lesson learned.

If you accept jobs at resorts and you arrive at a room where there appear to be no kids, just leave. The awkwardness will not improve with any amount of discussion.

I find it helpful to include the word "married" within the first two sentences of my ad these days.

Oh my! I bet that is one neck of a story!
Old 05-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Also, lesson learned.

There's a story there. And I'm pretty sure it would be a good one.

I was just thinking about new places to market the home daycare. The Facebook groups I've been on lately have been a source of some of the most bizarre inquiries lately.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:23 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have gotrrn all my day care kids from my care.com ad. I’ve never had any problems with weirdos. I think I pay 35 quarterly.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers View Post
Oh my! I bet that is one neck of a story!
Nah, a short story.

Care.com has you put your photo and a little blurb about yourself on there. Some request interviews in person before the actual job dates (weddings, conferences, reunions, etc.). This is where it gets grey.

Some people have become used to online dating sites *apparently* and assume that if you just meet them in person you will be so awestruck you will be willing to go down to the bar for a few "to get to know each other". You know, because they just had to take a shot, right? You were just that special.

To the person who will be leaving town next week. (Care providers are more likely to be clean, healthy and outgoing. And under-funded.)
Old 05-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Daycare.com Member

I've had a free account for a couple of years with not much happening. I upgraded to paying about $45/quarter last Fall, because all my kids were leaving end of Summer or Fall. I had to hurry and do some serious marketing!

So my MO is to only deal with those who call me. Right now I don't have openings, although I still have it down that I have an opening for pre-K age.

I get email referrals everyday, mainly for < 2. Parents can click on profiles as they search, to say that they wouldn't mind hearing from the providers that they like. I get a lot of those emails. I don't know why they keep sending those contact, because as I said they are mainly for < 2 and I have down that I don't have openings for that age.

Almost all my current families came to me from calls from care.com. But I also do get calls from the state website and word of mouth referrals and other sources.