Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Nature Lover

Default Cleaning

Does anyone ever want to just deep clean their house? I'm so itching to do this but can't due to having to work 10 hour days! Naptime, I could but I like being with my own kids and giving them my attention, at night there is just no time and then on the weekends I'm just to tired to get it all done with everything else. Weirdly, when I don't have kids during the week for some weird reason, I actually do better cleaning then on the weekends.

Anyone ever take a week off to do this? I'm actually considering that this year. Taking a week off when everyone is in school and just go for it!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I don't take time off for it. I take a room at a time, twice a year and do a deep clean. That comes from doing house cleaning for a living for many years! That roatation will keep your home really clean and not over whelm you.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:40 AM

I have a similar system to sandeeAr, I do one deep cleaning chore a day.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Kids View Post
Does anyone ever want to just deep clean their house?
NEVA!, No Way Baby!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 AM

...does wanting to come home one day to a magically clean house count?

No?

Rats.

In all seriousness though, I do go through that frequently...but I have "Can't Finish It" Syndrome so when I start the process, somehow it never gets done.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

I pay someone to do it. Sometimes others see dirt that you might miss since you are there everyday
Old 08-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

I pay someone to do it. Sometimes others see dirt that you might miss since you are there everyday
Old 08-04-2011, 11:54 AM

I"ve thought about taking a couple of days off to clean too. Then the truth hit me...I might do a little extra cleaning, but in reality I'd probably finish a great book, spend extra time on here, rent some great videos, sleep in...you get the idea!

Sandee, do you have some great time-saving hints for deep cleaning?
Old 08-04-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofsix View Post
Sandee, do you have some great time-saving hints for deep cleaning?
yep, grab your long handled swiffer and stick it in your pocket, or belt. Grab a bag of rag (5-10) and clip it on your belt. Get a spray bottle of windex and one bottle of basic cleaner (awesome, 409 etc). Start at one corner of the room and move to the right. Start at the top. Do the fans, corners with webs etc. Then the blinds and windows. Dust and vacumm the furniture and then the baseboards. Then vacumm the floors.

For speed, always move from left to right around the room.

This is what I read when I started my business and it really helped.

http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Cleaning.../dp/0440503744

Last edited by SandeeAR; 08-04-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: book link
Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeeAR View Post
I don't take time off for it. I take a room at a time, twice a year and do a deep clean. That comes from doing house cleaning for a living for many years! That roatation will keep your home really clean and not over whelm you.
I do this as well. Works great!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Daycare.com Member

I follow the flylady system and it helps so much! Ever heard of her? She sends you one assignment a day, you cut your house into zones and you focus on that zone for the week. It has seriously changed my life since I am such and ADHDer..which is true! I can't seem to focus and this helps everything seem so easy!

flylady.net
Old 08-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Daycare.com Member

I've been trying to use this method: http://simplehomeschool.net/the-case...onth-cleaning/ but it's still difficult to fit in with daycare hours. I will definitely check out the flylady ideas.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrazyisout View Post
I follow the flylady system and it helps so much! Ever heard of her? She sends you one assignment a day, you cut your house into zones and you focus on that zone for the week. It has seriously changed my life since I am such and ADHDer..which is true! I can't seem to focus and this helps everything seem so easy!

flylady.net
I used to do Flylady! I still get her emails in my old junk email address too. LOL!

I found with my new smaller house that once I tackled the big messes the first time, it was easier to keep the whole house cleaner. Now my DH and I have it down to a 1.5 hour 2 man job, with 3 kids running around. Whole house cleaned, top to bottom. We usually do it every Sun while the kids watch TV. I still vacuum and clean bathrooms every day, along with shining my sink! A few of the only things that I keep doing from Flylady. Oh, and 5 min declutter jobs. Love that!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Trix are for kids

My arch nemesis are the windows! There is so much gunk that collects in the windowsill and I absolutely hate the blinds! I've actually purchased new blinds to avoid cleaning the ones I have.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

I also LOVE flylady!! Been following her system for 5 years now and love it still.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeeAR View Post
yep, grab your long handled swiffer and stick it in your pocket, or belt. Grab a bag of rag (5-10) and clip it on your belt. Get a spray bottle of windex and one bottle of basic cleaner (awesome, 409 etc). Start at one corner of the room and move to the right. Start at the top. Do the fans, corners with webs etc. Then the blinds and windows. Dust and vacumm the furniture and then the baseboards. Then vacumm the floors.

For speed, always move from left to right around the room.

This is what I read when I started my business and it really helped.

http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Cleaning.../dp/0440503744
Thanks! I've read this before, just never tried it b/c I never know if "real' people thought it worked I think you're "real" enough!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia View Post
I also LOVE flylady!! Been following her system for 5 years now and love it still.
Yep me too. I love being able to clean in small spurts every day and have my weekends free. It really keeps the house maintained and even deep-cleaning is super easy.

Tags
cleaning, cleaning - thorough