Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Curriculum

Curriculum Post any curriculum ideas, activites or projects that wouldbe helpful to our Daycare community. What is your teaching philosophy?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Two Year Olds

I have four two year old's everyday. One is almost three! So what is the best way to include learning throughout the day at my house?
Acts 13:22
Old 11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Daycare.com Member

If you sit down to play with something, they will join you.
You can play with magnetic letters/numbers, color blocks, counting bears, whatever.
While you are playing, talk.
Suzy, can I have the blue bear? Oh, that is a red bear, thank you. I am going to make a pile of red bears. Does anyone want to help?

Can someone find me the N? That is a B. That is a C. Oh, there is an N! Can someone give me the O? etc

Read books...lots of them!! Sing songs. Play with something soft, hard, smooth, rough... Count everything!
You don't need a curriculum. You just need to develop an awareness of what they need to learn, and play, play, play.

Tags
two year old