Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Would You Charge?

I closed a couple hours early on Friday. I gave the option that if picking up early doesn't work for them, they could use a backup for the day and I wouldn't bill them.

Everyone still planned to come and just planned on picking up early.

Well, that same week my entire group got sick. I ended up only having 1 child on Friday. I still planned to bill everyone for that day since I planned on them attending. It was only because their children were sick and couldn't attend is why they were absent.

Would you do the same thing? I'm worried a parent may question it and I need to have a prepared response.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:26 AM

The only time I'd consider not charging or issuing a refund is if I was unavailable to provide care.

If I was available to provide care but someone unexpectedly did not attend (due to illness or whatever) I still charge.

MY availability is the deciding factor for me in situations like that.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:37 PM
Daycare.com Member

I would do the same. My tuition policy states that payment is due whether or not a child actually attends day care so, if I were in your position, I would still expect payment for Friday.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:37 PM
Daycare.com Member

Same here. If not for them being sick, they would have come. I'd charge.

Tags
charging for missed days, sick pay, sick policy