Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default I'm Going to Quit

Suddenly, everything about my job annoys me. My co teacher, the management staff, the parents, but not necessarily the students. I no longer like the hours, the curriculum, the food, the demands, the everyday hum drum. All of it.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:24 PM
starting daycare someday

Quit the job and start your own daycare.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:56 PM
Daycare.com Member

I always feel January and February are months to not make big decisions.Why not figure out what will make you happier.Then go about getting that.Winter is tough let down after the holidays and it is dark.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosieteddy View Post
I always feel January and February are months to not make big decisions.Why not figure out what will make you happier.Then go about getting that.Winter is tough let down after the holidays and it is dark.
I believe this to be so true!!
It's definitely the hardest time of the year for me to deal with kids, parents over staying at p/u, colds and bugs, snotty noses, snow, dark, cold, every single thing. The kids still need activity and sometimes our outdoor time is terribly limited compared to warmer brighter months. Nobody is 100%.
Only you know for sure, if this is a temporary feeling or you're just ready for a change.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:12 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

30 days.

Put the star sticker on the calendar for 30 days out.

Reassess.

I have been fighting the urge to run lately, too. Hopefully, all will be well again by spring.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:47 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Definitely give it some time and quality thought! I have periods of unhappiness with this job too and definitely winter makes it harder. Try changing some things up or starting a new hobby. I never knew I liked to knit until I was in a depressed spot and decided to try something new to keep busy. Now I love it!
Old 01-25-2019, 10:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Songs View Post
Suddenly, everything about my job annoys me. My co teacher, the management staff, the parents, but not necessarily the students. I no longer like the hours, the curriculum, the food, the demands, the everyday hum drum. All of it.
I hear you and I'm right there with you. I'm so over the "politics" of center life. I love the kids, I can deal with the parents (mostly), but right now I'm DONE with management and coworkers. I'm done with unrealistic expectations and unfair responsibilities.
No, I am not responsible for what the other teachers say, do, or what their facial expressions are after I leave. No, I'm not going to write out a separate report for dcg on paper when there's already an electronic version just because Mom complained and you're friends with her.
Some days I just dream about a job where I can sit at a desk in a basement and not deal with another human being for 8 hours.

Tags
burnt out, quitting daycare, simplify, star