Michigan Michigan
State Requirements

DAB Hand Sanitizer

State Licensing Requirements and Standards

Michigan Licensing Standards for Daycare Centers Michigan Licensing Standards for Family Daycare
Michigan Daycare Center Licensing Application Michigan Family Home Daycare Licensing Application

Worker Qualifications
Staff: (None specified except for program director.)

Provider /Child Ratio
Age Range Ratios for Center-based Care in Michigan State
Infants (up to 27 months) (1:4)
3 years (1:8)
4 to 5 years (1:12)
6 to 12 years (1:20)
13 to 17 years (1:30)
Mixed age group ratio for youngest child in group
Age Range Ratios for Family Child Care in Michigan State
All ages

(1:6) includes family members under 7 years old; no more than 4 children under 30 months and no more than 2 of those children can be under 18 months

Contact Information

Child Care Licensing Agency
Michigan Department of Human Services
7109 West Saginaw, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 30650
Lansing, MI 48909-8150
Phone: (517) 241-2488
Toll Free: (866) 685-0006
Fax: (517) 335-6121
Michigan Daycare Listings

Child Care Subsidy Agency
Michigan Department of Human Services
Child Development and Care Division
235 South Grand Ave., Suite 1302
P.O. Box 30037
Lansing, MI 48909-7537
Phone: (517) 241-0669
Fax: (517) 335-6236
Head Start - State Collaboration Office
Early Childhood Investment Corporation
221 N. Pine Streeet
Lansing, MI, 48933
Phone: (517) 371-9000 ext. 202
Fax: (517) 371-9080
Child Care Food Program Agency
Grants Coordination and School Support
Michigan Department of Education
Post Office Box 30008
Lansing, Michigan 48909
Phone: (517) 373-4013
Fax: (517) 373-4022
State Child Care Resource & Referral Contact
Michigan 4C Association
839 Centennial Way
Lansing, MI 48917
Phone: (517) 351-4171
Toll Free: (866) 424-4532
Fax: (517) 351-0157
Office of Child Support Enforcement
Office of Child Support
Family Indep. Agency
7109 W. Saginaw Highway
Lansing, Michigan 48913
Phone: (517) 373-7570
Fax: (517) 373-4980
Child Abuse Reporting
To report suspected child abuse in Michigan, call county law enforcement office or any county Department of Human Services.

For national child abuse information, call Childhelp®, 800-4-A-CHILD (800-422-4453), or your local CPS agency.

HomepageLoginSign-UpForumToys & ProductsAbout Us

Daycare.com a Resource for Parents and Providers